What's the Price of Bread?

Fast Forwarding now to yesterday; August 10.

Grandma had a follow up Dr. appointment so it was back to the norm. I get to her house at 10:20am for her 11am apt. but we still left 20 minutes later. So now we are late for the appointment of course. What she's doing from the time I get there to the second we step out the door I have no idea but it always gives me time to go through her mail & bills. I also get the opportunity to throw out all the crap that's been stacking up. While I'm looking through all this her tenant comes downstairs and we start talking. I was asking what the Sierra Club was and WHY on earth my 84 yr old grandma is still paying for a membership? She shakes her head and tells me a great story:

A few days ago she was going to CVS so she asked my grandma if she needed anything, she walked away and came back and my grandma handed her a shopping list, 2 items, bread & milk and attached $3... for Milk & Bread. She looks over at grandma and says $3 is not enough for both... to this my grandma says well how much is milk? around $2.99 she tells her, & bread at least $3 - $4. This sends her into a tailspin! No it's NOT she says! bread is only $0.69!! LOL Really? She says.  She goes to CVS and brings her back the receipt showing that Milk was $2.99 & the bread she wanted $3.99 and grandma tells her, Well that's not the Bread I wanted... the same loaf she has sitting on the counter priced at $3.99... I couldn't help but laugh. Her Memories are all jumbled and if I was her I would want the price of bread to be $0.69 too!

We finally leave the house and that's where the REAL gems come in!

Comments