Grandma Goes to SHAKEY'S!!

It has been quite a while since my last post but there was really nothing worth writing about because it's all just more of the same. Grandma's still in pain, we go to the Dr. and they ask the same questions but every once in awhile we get a blood test or an X-ray. Either way it's just pain she's going to have to deal with for the rest of her life.

Here are the Funny Bits of the last couple visits!

About 2 weeks ago I came up with a Great Idea! I've been listening to theprettygoodpodcast.com and they have been talking about Shakey's for WEEKS, so I decided I needed to go back and get my PCM on!! I finally got a weekday off, so I called grandma and told her I was coming over on Wednesday and we were going to Shakey's. She of course had no idea what I was talking about but she was excited to try something new!  Wednesday finally rolls around and I head out to grandma's to get us some Shakey's. She was excited to see me, she remembered I was coming, but didn't remember where we were going and why, Hey 2 out of 3 ain't bad I guess.

We arrive at Shakey's for some Bunch a Lunch and We are excited! Well maybe I was a little more excited then she was but for $7.99 that's a Buffet worth taking grandma too. Because Grandma has become OBSESSED with not gaining weight she serves herself a slice of pizza, a piece of chicken, veggies, and mashed potatoes and I think some salad, just for good measure.

Meanwhile as I go to sit at our table I look around only to see Randy Wang! The person who has been talking about this for weeks and the entire reason I decided to take grandma. I was able to say Hello and I was so excited, but grandma was still at the Buffet so she had NO idea what I was talking about when I told her. Oh well, I was excited!

She loved the Bunch a Lunch! Especially the S'mores Pizza!


Comments