On a lighter note, I did have one Amazing Grandfather and His name was Armando Valdivia!
When I think back to my childhood I owe much who I am today to him. He took me to school from my days at Head start at the Sunal Center through middle school and up through my Senior year of High School. He was the Father I needed when My dad couldn't be. Even when I was in the 6th grade and was completely embarrassed by the fact that I was the only one who had a parent still coming to pick them up inside the school and I had to ask him to wait for me outside, I was happy he was there.
He taught me how hammer a nail and how to rebuild my El Camino when I wrecked it. He taught me how to drive when my mother was to chicken to get in the car with me. He carried me around the house after both of my surgeries at 5 and 14 and he loved to fight with me about what to watch on TV. He would make up silly songs for me in the morning because I was always running late for school, or just because lumbrisa rhymed with Marissa...
Marissa Marissa, Marissa Lumbrisa...
He was the best!
I miss you everyday!
![]() |
| Daddy Mando |
He taught me how hammer a nail and how to rebuild my El Camino when I wrecked it. He taught me how to drive when my mother was to chicken to get in the car with me. He carried me around the house after both of my surgeries at 5 and 14 and he loved to fight with me about what to watch on TV. He would make up silly songs for me in the morning because I was always running late for school, or just because lumbrisa rhymed with Marissa...
Marissa Marissa, Marissa Lumbrisa...
He was the best!
I miss you everyday!

Comments
Post a Comment