It's been a few weeks and things around grandma's house have been pretty stable. Although I am confused as to what is really going on with her. If you remember not but 2 months ago she was complaining of all sorts of pain, her shoulder, her wrist and her knee... Now She's suddenly "feeling better"???
Is it the prednisone finally working? Is it the sunny weather? Is she just making up stories? Or has she just forgotten the pain (good thing?)
May 13th: We had an appointment with her Regular doctor and she must have been having an off day, everything hurt but she couldn't remember what meds she needed and why she was taking them. I told the Doctor about how she had gotten lost earlier in the week while driving and he had a pretty good conversation about not driving anymore and maybe in the future considering Assisted Living. She seemed to listen and the reality of things seemed to sink in because we had a conversation about it once we left. How do you clip her wings is the question I've been faced with now! I don't want her driving around but I can't be there every day to run her errands...
June 1st: We had a follow up appointment with her rheumatologist, I called her Tuesday night to remind her which she had forgotten because she hadn't seen the June page in the Calendar. Understandable. Then I showed up in the morning and she had forgotten again! This time at least she was ready and just had to change her shoes... In the car I asked her about her medications, her pain the general to get an idea of what was going on. She told me she's just always in pain but it's manageable and yes she had already had her pills with breakfast. Once we got to the Doctors office and the nurse was checking her in, she asked her where is your pain today? Her Wrist: 9, Her Shoulder: a 6 or 7. Then we saw the doctor... suddenly she had no pain... I have to give these Doctors some credit, they have excellent bedside manner and they are very good at navigating around her "stories". Needless to say something must be working... and we have a follow up in 2 months...
THIS IS ODD:
Grandma's Book: She must have about 100 books sitting in the living room that she has NOT read... and she gets 5 new books every month... but stopping the subscription seems ODD to her...
Grocery Shopping: buying frozen food seems reasonable, unless your freezer is TOO full because you aren't eating what you have...
Comment: Your Grandfather is not alive right? Yes, 10 years ago... she went to the funeral... Weird because this is now the 3rd dead person she has asked about... call me superstitious but WHY is she thinking about dead people?
What to do, what to do!?
Is it the prednisone finally working? Is it the sunny weather? Is she just making up stories? Or has she just forgotten the pain (good thing?)
May 13th: We had an appointment with her Regular doctor and she must have been having an off day, everything hurt but she couldn't remember what meds she needed and why she was taking them. I told the Doctor about how she had gotten lost earlier in the week while driving and he had a pretty good conversation about not driving anymore and maybe in the future considering Assisted Living. She seemed to listen and the reality of things seemed to sink in because we had a conversation about it once we left. How do you clip her wings is the question I've been faced with now! I don't want her driving around but I can't be there every day to run her errands...
June 1st: We had a follow up appointment with her rheumatologist, I called her Tuesday night to remind her which she had forgotten because she hadn't seen the June page in the Calendar. Understandable. Then I showed up in the morning and she had forgotten again! This time at least she was ready and just had to change her shoes... In the car I asked her about her medications, her pain the general to get an idea of what was going on. She told me she's just always in pain but it's manageable and yes she had already had her pills with breakfast. Once we got to the Doctors office and the nurse was checking her in, she asked her where is your pain today? Her Wrist: 9, Her Shoulder: a 6 or 7. Then we saw the doctor... suddenly she had no pain... I have to give these Doctors some credit, they have excellent bedside manner and they are very good at navigating around her "stories". Needless to say something must be working... and we have a follow up in 2 months...
THIS IS ODD:
Grandma's Book: She must have about 100 books sitting in the living room that she has NOT read... and she gets 5 new books every month... but stopping the subscription seems ODD to her...
Grocery Shopping: buying frozen food seems reasonable, unless your freezer is TOO full because you aren't eating what you have...
Comment: Your Grandfather is not alive right? Yes, 10 years ago... she went to the funeral... Weird because this is now the 3rd dead person she has asked about... call me superstitious but WHY is she thinking about dead people?
What to do, what to do!?
Comments
Post a Comment