Last Friday Grandma turned 84, How Exciting!!
I had been struggling for weeks as to how to make this day special for her and somewhat memorable even for her. The Kindle was out, clothes is out, shoes would be a good idea but complicated, so I eventually decided on something most women do regularly and probably take for granted, Mani/Pedi's!! She has never been to a nail salon and since she has been complaining how much her feet hurt I thought this would be a nice way to pamper her.
We started the day with lunch at Lucille's BBQ where she had the fried Catfish. I guess when your 84 you should be allowed a certain about of "grouchy-ness" but she just didn't have anything exciting to say until the food came. Thankfully we were joined by one of my friends and her baby so she was distracted by all the warm and fuzzy! Lucky Me! I had told her earlier we would be going to to the salon but of course she had already forgotten and didn't seem as excited as I was. Once we got to the salon we got her all set up for a Spa Pedicure. The issue with grandma's toes is special. I'm not really sure why they are causing her so much pain but I'm not sure the pedicure was as relaxing as I wanted it to be for her. The first half was rough because this was the first time someone else had ever touched her feet and they are sensitive. It seemed to end OK and I think if we got at least once a month it'll actually start to feel better. She got her Manicure and that seemed to be a better experience. Because I was getting a full set she had to wait a little while, this didn't seem to be an issue because when I looked back at her she was snacking with the other ladies!! Only My Grandma!
Not until this past Sunday when I commented on her manicure did she actually thank me for taking her and then she said she would like to do it once a month. So COOL! That's something I can do!
Happy Birthday Grandma!
I had been struggling for weeks as to how to make this day special for her and somewhat memorable even for her. The Kindle was out, clothes is out, shoes would be a good idea but complicated, so I eventually decided on something most women do regularly and probably take for granted, Mani/Pedi's!! She has never been to a nail salon and since she has been complaining how much her feet hurt I thought this would be a nice way to pamper her.
We started the day with lunch at Lucille's BBQ where she had the fried Catfish. I guess when your 84 you should be allowed a certain about of "grouchy-ness" but she just didn't have anything exciting to say until the food came. Thankfully we were joined by one of my friends and her baby so she was distracted by all the warm and fuzzy! Lucky Me! I had told her earlier we would be going to to the salon but of course she had already forgotten and didn't seem as excited as I was. Once we got to the salon we got her all set up for a Spa Pedicure. The issue with grandma's toes is special. I'm not really sure why they are causing her so much pain but I'm not sure the pedicure was as relaxing as I wanted it to be for her. The first half was rough because this was the first time someone else had ever touched her feet and they are sensitive. It seemed to end OK and I think if we got at least once a month it'll actually start to feel better. She got her Manicure and that seemed to be a better experience. Because I was getting a full set she had to wait a little while, this didn't seem to be an issue because when I looked back at her she was snacking with the other ladies!! Only My Grandma!
Not until this past Sunday when I commented on her manicure did she actually thank me for taking her and then she said she would like to do it once a month. So COOL! That's something I can do!
| Uncertainty... |
![]() |
| A little happier |

Comments
Post a Comment