Bumpy Road!

This is gonna be a long and bumpy road!

Ever since last Wednesday I have been in a tail spin about how to handle what is happening with my grandma...

Last Tuesday afternoon I got a "reminder" call from grandma reminding ME about her 2 appointments on Wednesday. We once again agreed on a time and left it for another day. Come Wednesday morning I showed up at her house at 5 after 10am. The wooden door was locked so I had to knock, she came to the door in her robe! As I walked in she exclaimed "What a surprise!" I laughed and looked at her like What a surprise? She then asked me "Did we have something to do today?" Remember, SHE called me the day before... So I reminded her about the 2 appointments she proclaimed OH NO! and rushed off to the bathroom to get ready. It wasn't enough time so I had to cancel the first appointment that was at 11am. She got ready was able to eat and then we left for the 2nd appointment, Echo cardiogram.

GOOD NEWS: her heart is healthy! No calcium deposits, and she doesn't have to worry about cholesterol... Well at least I know she's not gonna have a heart attack any time soon.

When we got out of the Dr.'s office we drove down Wilshire Blvd. to what I thought would be Sizzler but I guess they shut that one down. So I kept Driving and ended up at The Grove on Fairfax. We grabbed some lunch and then made our way home. As we drove down Fairfax we drove through Little Ethiopia, the miracle mile and just headed to her house. As we drove we commented on how much has changed in this area and how it's been years since she's been through this area (side note: we went to the grove last Oct for my b-day dinner). As we were approaching Venice Blvd. she said "Make a Left here and then a Right on Thurman, I want to see the old neighborhood" I couldn't help but wonder, You lived off of Venice and Thurman? She looked at me like I was the crazy one and said "yes, the house on Spaulding, don't you remember when I used to live on Spaulding?" To which I shouted: YOU still live on Spaulding! Where did you think you lived Grandma? She shook her head and didn't know what she was thinking. She had some how confused her house or thought she sold it...

Once we finally got home I set out to clean off the kitchen table, organized her bills and throw out all the crap. She didn't fight me on anything luckily she just let me do it.

More on those findings later

I seriously need help, I am afraid of what happens on days I'm not there. One step at a time.

Comments