1-12-2011 marks the 9th anniversary of my dad's death.
I'm not entirely sure what to do or say in his memorial, I still can't believe it's been 9 years.
The day he died I had no idea what had happened, it wasn't until the next day that I called my grandma back to find out the tragic news. It was the day my life changed forever. In the last few weeks the topic of after life has come up with my friends. We are mostly all struggling catholics unsure of what we want to believe and what is actually true. I have to believe that there is a place we all go to be reunited with our loved ones because the thought of never saying goodbye to my dad is devastating. So everyday I keep my faith that one day I can see him again.
I also have to have faith in the fact that there is something in this universe that will make everything even. That the man that killed my father is suffering more than my family, in this life and beyond.
My dad was an amazing man, and it is because of him along with the rest of my family that I am this woman. I am strong, loving, kind, forgiving, stubborn, frugal, on time, intelligent, and even a little bit dorky. All of which I would change for any amount of money. I do wish everyday he was here to see me progress and grow but I know I carry him with me in my heart. My heart that gives me the strength to give my grandma all the support she needs right now.
In Loving Memory
Norman Terry Howard
1-12-2002
I'm not entirely sure what to do or say in his memorial, I still can't believe it's been 9 years.
The day he died I had no idea what had happened, it wasn't until the next day that I called my grandma back to find out the tragic news. It was the day my life changed forever. In the last few weeks the topic of after life has come up with my friends. We are mostly all struggling catholics unsure of what we want to believe and what is actually true. I have to believe that there is a place we all go to be reunited with our loved ones because the thought of never saying goodbye to my dad is devastating. So everyday I keep my faith that one day I can see him again.
I also have to have faith in the fact that there is something in this universe that will make everything even. That the man that killed my father is suffering more than my family, in this life and beyond.
In Loving Memory
Norman Terry Howard
1-12-2002
Comments
Post a Comment