Let's have McDonalds

First off I just want to start out by saying McDonald's is not a horrible place, I have just made a decision NOT to give myself the option when I know there is probably something "better" or more satisfying.

About 2 weeks ago while visiting my Grandma just for fun, because there were no Doctor's appointments and we had cleaned her closet the topic of "lunch" came up. "Are you hungry?" she asked me. I was, mostly because I always am... but it was getting a little late. She asked "Where would you like to eat?" I thought we would eat at home but let the record show Grandma doesn't cook, EVER.

Well my first reaction was to pull out my phone to search for a restaurant or other eatery. Then the Bombshell of the day was dropped. She says to me, "Well I can have McDonald's, but I'm not picky like Someone..." this of course is referring to ME. I immediately burst into laughter because this conversation was making it's rounds again.

I ONLY have McDonald's about once maybe twice a year at it's usually in an emergency. Once I became an adult I became health conscious and discovered more exciting foods and McDonald's just fell off my radar. I do however enjoy an order of McDonald's fries, but really who doesn't?

Now the reason this conversation is so hilarious to me is that I think my grandma and I have had this conversation/debate at least 3 other times and still she thinks I'm being a snob because I refuse to have McDonald's for lunch on a random Wednesday afternoon, when there are places like Subway, El Pollo Loco, Rubios or anything else. We eventually decided on subway but not before a long discussion as to WHY I DON'T EAT MCDONALD'S.

I am by no means being a snob because when it comes to fast food I am all about it. I LOVE El Pollo Loco, Especially the dollar menu! But there is not one on every corner. So I in turn asked my grandma "are you in a hurry? because last I checked we had ALL DAY so why not enjoy a warm, satisfying lunch. There are plenty of places we could go eat inexpensively and still have it taste good!"

She thinks this is funny and I have a feeling this McDonald's debate will rear it's ugly head again soon. But if a hamburger is what you want then In N Out is the place to go for that! and I don't think she has EVER had one of those!! So Maybe we'll eat there next time we are in Westwood.

Comments