Last week I made my grandma a Deal she couldn't refuse!
Since we have NO doctor's appointments for 6 weeks I thought it would be fun to start shifting through her closet and her room then on to the rest of the house. This is not something she has been excited about but she has recognized that it is necessary. So after her last appointment 2 weeks ago, I told her I would come over we would start on her room and then I would make her a nice casserole for the week since I would be gone for a work conference and I wanted to make sure she had fresh food to eat. She was thrilled with that idea. I have the ONLY grandma in the world I think who does not enjoy cooking and Never has!
Well last thursday was D-Day! I arrived at her house in complete cleaning mode. But she was on a mission to distract me. She had decided she wanted to go to Target and to Ralphs to buy food for dinner. I agreed but said as soon as we got back we would start on her room... she laughed and then rolled her eyes.
We went to run her errands and had a few good laughs then made our way back home. As soon as we arrived and unloaded everything she decided she was hungry so she was going to fix herself something to eat. I calmly sat down at the table and waited for her to finish, gently reminding her we were still going to go into that closet! I don't think I've heard her laugh so hard Ever!
About an hour later I was finally able to convince her that it was time and I didn't drive all that way just to watch her eat! We finally made our way to the bedroom and opened the closet doors! It actually wasn't as bad as I initially thought. Turns out the only reason why she bought that rack to hang clothes on was because it was unorganized and hard to get to. So we started. Now remember she has lost about 20lbs if not more over the last 7 months and she is no longer a working woman. She hasn't worn a skirt in YEARS, I'm talking at least 10 maybe 15.
I began with the simple things just bunching things together, T-shirts, blouses, jackets, and pants. In the 2nd closet we place all her vests and winter jackets. She fought me for the first few minutes so I decided to go back to each group and count the items then choose at least 5 to get rid of. Even then it seemed like I was asking her to give up her most prized possessions. Remember also, SHE'S LOST WEIGHT. Half of what's in her closet doesn't even fit her anymore, and what's funnier and odd to me is that she can't let it go because she may need it one day.
Finally, about an hour and half later we were done and we got a full bags worth of clothes to donate and and at least 2 boxes. She was able to breathe a sigh of relief and so was I. I kept my word and I made her a nice big Chicken and Broccoli Casserole which she is still eating up through yesterday.
Since we have NO doctor's appointments for 6 weeks I thought it would be fun to start shifting through her closet and her room then on to the rest of the house. This is not something she has been excited about but she has recognized that it is necessary. So after her last appointment 2 weeks ago, I told her I would come over we would start on her room and then I would make her a nice casserole for the week since I would be gone for a work conference and I wanted to make sure she had fresh food to eat. She was thrilled with that idea. I have the ONLY grandma in the world I think who does not enjoy cooking and Never has!
Well last thursday was D-Day! I arrived at her house in complete cleaning mode. But she was on a mission to distract me. She had decided she wanted to go to Target and to Ralphs to buy food for dinner. I agreed but said as soon as we got back we would start on her room... she laughed and then rolled her eyes.
We went to run her errands and had a few good laughs then made our way back home. As soon as we arrived and unloaded everything she decided she was hungry so she was going to fix herself something to eat. I calmly sat down at the table and waited for her to finish, gently reminding her we were still going to go into that closet! I don't think I've heard her laugh so hard Ever!
this is her reading the mail and having her lunch pretending I'm not talking
About an hour later I was finally able to convince her that it was time and I didn't drive all that way just to watch her eat! We finally made our way to the bedroom and opened the closet doors! It actually wasn't as bad as I initially thought. Turns out the only reason why she bought that rack to hang clothes on was because it was unorganized and hard to get to. So we started. Now remember she has lost about 20lbs if not more over the last 7 months and she is no longer a working woman. She hasn't worn a skirt in YEARS, I'm talking at least 10 maybe 15.
at about half way done.
I began with the simple things just bunching things together, T-shirts, blouses, jackets, and pants. In the 2nd closet we place all her vests and winter jackets. She fought me for the first few minutes so I decided to go back to each group and count the items then choose at least 5 to get rid of. Even then it seemed like I was asking her to give up her most prized possessions. Remember also, SHE'S LOST WEIGHT. Half of what's in her closet doesn't even fit her anymore, and what's funnier and odd to me is that she can't let it go because she may need it one day.
Finally, about an hour and half later we were done and we got a full bags worth of clothes to donate and and at least 2 boxes. She was able to breathe a sigh of relief and so was I. I kept my word and I made her a nice big Chicken and Broccoli Casserole which she is still eating up through yesterday.
Yummy Casserole!
On till our next adventure!
Comments
Post a Comment